go local

Engaging intentionally and relationally in our community...

At Grace Point, we encourage out members to serve outside the walls of the church.
We seek to minister to the needs of our community, prioritizing evangelism as the best way to see lives transformed and God glorified.  As we meet the needs of our neighbors, we are able to show Jesus’ love in tangible ways and to share our stories of how God has changed  our lives and can do the same in theirs.

At Grace Point we focus on these key areas of local missions:

Family Mentoring

The pandemic, the winter storm, cost of food, and other factors have placed an even greater strain on families struggling to provide basic necessities for their families.  Grace Point Church has partnered with Hill Country Daily Bread Ministries to mobilize, train and equip Family Mentors to walk alongside families as they seek to flourish physically and spiritually.

Click Learn More to discover Hill Country Daily Bread's vision, family mentoring model, and more.

Migrant Children Care

God calls his people to love and care for migrants. San Antonio is housing thousands of migrant children in various facilities in our city. Catholic Charities has created volunteer opportunities and other ways to help care for these children. This is an ongoing crisis with volunteer opportunities frequently changing. You can find out how to help Catholic Charities in various ways by visiting https://ccaosa.org/migrant-youth-support/

According to reports up to 85%of migrant children have a relative in the U.S leaving 15% of migrant children in need of a foster parent. This is in addition to the thousands of U.S children currently in the foster and adopt system. There are various ways to care and love these vulnerable children. To learn more visit our Foster and Adopt ministry page.

If you would like to stay up to date on volunteer opportunities supporting Migrant Children held at Grace Point. Please complete the interest form below.

Apartment Outreach

We are building teams of 2 or more people to share and demonstrate the love of Jesus to our neighbors living in apartments throughout the Medical Center area. This is a great opportunity for Life Groups, families, friends, Student Ministry, and Kids Ministry to form teams and participate in sharing and demonstrating the gospel.  Teams will primarily initiate relational conversations with apartments residents as well as prayer walk, pass out flyers to upcoming events at Grace Point Church, and offer prayer. For details including a list of dates click learn more. 

Prison Ministry

Grace Point fulfills the biblical mandate to care for those imprisoned through prison visits, letter writing to discouraged inmates, and mentoring youth involved in juvenile justice. We believe that ministering to those who are incarcerated is not only a blessing to that person but also to God, Himself.

If you are interested in opportunities to serve with Prison Ministry, please complete the  interest form at the link below. 

Human Sex Trafficking Ministry

Make a difference in a dark, hidden world. Grace Point is fighting modern-day slavery through local partnerships supporting domestic minor sex trafficking victims, residential program supporting women and children fleeing violent situations, and an outreach ministry to women currently engaged in the sexual exploitation industry.

Grace Point partners with 3 organizations in combating human sex trafficking in San Antonio through financial, resource, and volunteer support:
  • No Strings Attached (NSA) -- outreach and aftercare ministry for women in the adult entertainment and sex industry.
  • A21 Freedom Chasers -- a local non-profit that raises awareness of human trafficking.
  • Ransomed Life -- supports victims of sex trafficking through education, mentoring, and restoration. 

For more information on our Human Sex Trafficking Ministry, complete the form at the link below.

Homelessness

Jesus calls his followers to love the poor and hungry. This ministry seeks to cultivate relationships with our homeless neighbors by understanding what they need then meeting their needs. The primary focus is to love our homeless neighbors by interacting , building friendships, listening, and caring for them.

For information on current opportunities to Go Local, check out the Events page.